TIMESHARE BROKERS PTY LTD FINANCIAL SERVICES GUIDE
1What is a financial services guide
- 1.1This Financial Services Guide (FSG) is prepared and issued by Timeshare Brokers Pty Ltd (Timeshare Brokers, us, we and our)
1.2This FSG is an important document that provides you with information to help you decide whether to use the financial services we offer. It contains information about:
- (a)the financial services we provide;
- (b)how we and other associated persons are remunerated from those financial services;
- (c)how your personal information is dealt with; and
- (d)how complaints are dealt with.
2Who are we?
Our contact details are set out at the end of this FSG. We hold Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) number 245788, which authorises us to carry on a financial services business in relation to providing advice on, and arranging for clients to purchase and dispose of, interests in timeshare schemes.
We are not independent, impartial or unbiased because, via our ultimate shareholders, officers and related bodies corporate, we have associations or relationships with operators of registered and unregistered timeshare schemes and we may provide financial services to sellers and buyers of interests in such schemes.
3What financial services can we provide
- 3.1This FSG is provided to help you decide whether to use the financial services we are authorised to provide.
- 3.2Specifically, we will (and are authorised to) provide general financial product advice on, and deal in, interests in timeshare schemes.
- 3.3We provide these services to consumers by enabling sellers of timeshare scheme interests to list their interests for sale on our website. Interested buyers can click on a seller’s advertisement to send a message to the seller. The seller will then receive an email from our website containing the message.
- 3.4The seller and buyer are responsible for negotiating their own agreement (including purchase price) and, if they agree to terms, for signing the necessary transfer documents and providing the completed and signed transfer documents to the applicable scheme operator (along with any other documents required by the scheme operator).
- 3.5We do not operate a market for trading in timeshare scheme interests, nor make a market in timeshare scheme interests. We will not provide you with personal advice.
- 3.6We act on our own behalf, and not on your behalf, when we provide financial services under our AFSL.
4How can you transact with us?
You can contact us via email at PO Box 454, Coolangatta, Qld 4225 by telephone on 1800 669 854 or via the contact form on our website at www.timesharebrokers.com.au. By using our services you agree to the terms and conditions of use contained on our website.
5How are we paid for the services we provide?
- 5.1Potential sellers of interests in timeshare schemes will be charged a monthly subscription fee of $21.95 (including GST) to list their timeshare scheme interests on our website for sale.
- 5.2The first 30 days of advertising is free. On the 31st day after listing, the seller’s credit card will be charged for the following month and subsequent amounts are payable monthly in advance. These are the only fees that we will receive in relation to the financial services that we provide.
- 5.3You may cancel your subscription services at any time in accordance with the terms and conditions of our website. If you cancel before the end of your current monthly period, your subscription will not be renewed. You will not be entitled to a refund of any amount for the remaining time of your current subscription.
- 5.4We do not charge any fees to potential buyers. We do not receive any commission for timeshare interests sold as a result of advertising on our website.
6Relationships and associations
- 6.1The ultimate of shareholders of Timeshare Brokers Pty Ltd are also the ultimate shareholders of Classic Clubs Limited, holder of AFSL 246232. Classic Clubs Limited is the responsible entity of the Classic Holiday Club ARSN 111 354 440 and Interchange Vacation Club ARSN 096 286 369, both of which are registered timeshare schemes.
- 6.2Our related bodies corporate provide management and administration services to various timeshare resorts, being timeshare managed investment schemes which have been granted relief by ASIC from the requirement to hold an AFSL and to be registered with ASIC as a registered scheme.
- 6.3We may provide financial services to sellers and buyers of interests in Classic Holiday Club and Interchange Vacation Club and of interests in timeshare resorts which are managed by our related companies, and such services are provided on the same terms as we do for other timeshare schemes.
- 6.4We may list and sell timeshare interests which we own. We will advise any interested buyer where we are the seller of a timeshare interests and that they are negotiating an agreement for the purchase of the timeshare interest with us (and the purchase price will be payable to us). When we are the seller of the timeshare interest, we act on our own behalf and are not providing a financial service of dealing in a timeshare interest.
7What should you do if you have a concern or complaint?
- 7.1If you have a complaint about us, resulting from the services provided to you, please contact us. Once we receive your complaint, we will do our best to resolve the issue within 5 days. During that time, we may get in touch with you and ask you for more information to assist with investigating your complaint. If we are unable to address your concerns within 5 days, we will write to you and aim to resolve the matter within 30 days; if we cannot resolve the matter within 30 days, we will explain the reasons for the delay and you will be given a written explanation detailing why the complaint has not been resolved and what steps are being taken to reach a satisfactory outcome.
- 7.2If you’re unhappy with the resolution, you want to share more information with us, or think we’ve missed something, please get in touch with us:
- (a)By email firstname.lastname@example.org
- (b)By mail
- Complaints Manager
- Timeshare Brokers Pty Ltd
- PO Box 454
- COOLANGATTA QLD 4225; or
- (c)By Phone 1800 669 854
- 7.3We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint and we will try to resolve any issues you may have.
- 7.4If any issues are not resolved to your complete satisfaction, you may wish to refer the matter to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA may be contacted:
- (a)By mail
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited
- GPO Box 3
- Melbourne, VIC 3001
- (b) By email email@example.com
- (c) By Phone 1300 56 55 62
- 9:00am-5:00am AEST/AEDT weekdays
- 7.5You may also contact ASIC on 1300 300 630.
We hold an insurance policy covering professional indemnity and fraud by officers that satisfies the requirements of section 912B of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). The policy covers the financial services we are authorised to provide under our AFSL, including when the services are provided by our current or former representatives and employees.
9How is your personal information dealt with?
If you have any queries or would like further information, our details are below.