Financial Services Guide
1What is a financial services guide
- 1.1This Financial Services Guide (FSG) is prepared and issued by Timeshare Brokers Pty Ltd (Timeshare Brokers, us, we and our)
This FSG is an important document that provides you with information to help you decide whether to use
the financial services we offer. It contains information about:
- (a)the financial services we provide;
- (b)how we and other associated persons are remunerated from those financial services;
- (c)how your personal information is dealt with; and
- (d)how complaints are dealt with.
- 1.3This FSG is dated 26 February, 2019.
2Who are we?
Our contact details are set out at the end of this FSG. We hold Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) number 245788 which authorises us to carry on a financial services business in relation to providing advice on, and arranging for clients to purchase and dispose of, interests in timeshare schemes.
3What is a financial services guide
- 3.1This FSG is provided to help you decide whether to use the financial services we are authorised to provide.
- 3.2Specifically, we will (and are authorised to) provide general financial product advice on, and deal in, interests in timeshare schemes. We provide these services to consumers by enabling sellers of timeshare scheme interests to list their interests for sale on our website. Interested buyers can click on a seller’s advertisement to send a message to the seller. The seller will then receive an email from our website containing a link to the buyer's message.
- 3.3The seller and buyer are responsible for negotiating their own agreement (including purchase price) and, if they agree to terms, for signing the necessary transfer documents and providing the completed and signed transfer documents to the applicable scheme operator (along with any other documents required by the scheme operator).
- 3.4We do not operate a market for trading in timeshare scheme interests, nor make a market in timeshare scheme interests. We will not provide you with personal advice
- 3.5We act on our own behalf, and not on your behalf, when we provide financial services under our AFSL.
4How can you transact with us?
You can contact us via email at email@example.com, by telephone on 1800 669 854 or via the contact form on our website at www.timesharebrokers.com.au. By using our services you agree to the terms and conditions of use contained on our website.
5How are we paid for the services we provide?
- 5.1Potential sellers of interests in timeshare schemes will be charged a monthly subscription fee of $21.95 (including GST) to list their timeshare scheme interests on our website for sale.
- 5.2The first 30 days of advertising is free *. On the 31st day after listing, the seller’s credit card will be charged for the following month and subsequent amounts are payable monthly in advance. These are the only fees that we will receive in relation to the financial services that we provide.
* You will be charged a processing fee of less than 10 cents to establish your account and verify your credit card during the free month of advertising.
- 5.3You may cancel your subscription services at any time in accordance with the terms and conditions of our website. If you cancel before the end of your current monthly period, your subscription will not be renewed. You will not be entitled to a refund of any amount for the remaining time of your current subscription.
- 5.4We do not charge any fees to potential buyers. We do not receive any commission for timeshare interests sold as a result of advertising on our website.
6What should you do if you have a concern or complaint?
6.1If you have complaints about us, resulting from the services provided to you, please contact Complaints Manager, Timeshare Brokers Pty Ltd:
- (a)By email
- (b)By mail
- Complaints Manager
- Timeshare Brokers Pty Ltd
- PO Box 384
- COOLANGATTA QLD 4225; or
- (c)By Phone
- 1800 669 854
- 6.2You will be contacted in writing immediately or, where we are unable to reply immediately, as soon as possible, acknowledging receipt of your complaint and we will try to resolve any issues you may have.
- 6.3If any issues are not resolved to your complete satisfaction after consideration by the Complaints Manager, you may wish to refer the matter to AFCA:
- (a)By mail
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority Limited
- GPO Box 3
- Melbourne, VIC 3001
- (b)By email
- (c)By Phone
- 1300 56 55 62
- 9:00am–5:00am AEST weekdays
- 6.4You may also contact ASIC on 1300 300 630.
7How is your personal information dealt with?
If you have any queries or would like further information, our contact details are:
- Timeshare Brokers Pty Ltd ACN 001 566 221
- Suite 403, Level 4
- ‘Bermuda Point’
- 1 Lake Orr Drive
- VARSITY LAKES QLD 4227